Thursday, March 29, 2012

Art.

A friend of mine gave me a book she found at a thrift store called "Pictures By Chinese Children" printed in 1976 and I LOVE it.  It's a compilation of artwork from children in China ranging from age 5 to 13 and boy are those kids impressive.  My favorite images seem to come from the 9 to 10 year olds because they're just impressionistic enough to suit my tastes.  I love the images in it and I've decided to scan several of them, print and frame them for Pearl's room.  Since there is no copyright anywhere in the book and it's been out of print for ages I figure it's ok.  If it's not - let me stay ignorant!  Also, as a side note - these are total pro-communist images but I still love them.

Here are my top favorites:

We Sing "The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution Is Fine"  Pang Hsiao-li, girl, age 9

Radio Calisthenics - Hsu Sheng-lien, girl, age 9; Liu Shao-pin, boy, age 11 
China's Climbers Have Reached The World's Highest Peak - Pang Hsiao-li, girl, age 9

This one is on the back cover and it isn't sited.

This last one may be my favorite - though it's hard to narrow it down since they're so cute.  This one just has so much movement to it.  And it's a Chinese farm girl with chickens - come on, cuteness!

I Whistle And They Come - Liu Chang-jun, boy, age 12


Aren't those amazing!  I can't wait!  The colors are so cute.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree, the Chinese farm girl is also my favorite. Such a cute face.

    ReplyDelete