Friday, March 2, 2012

Thank you, youtube.

Like so many of my generation, I am a pro at internet research(a.k.a. stalking).  And I've definitely put my skills to use in researching other adoptive families.  I've watched countless videos of other families picking up their kids from China, spending their first few days at home with them and what not.  Most of these videos are of super adorable babies and toddlers with only a few of older kids.  The videos are great because in an effort to prepare us, our agency has us read through and think about all of the ways in which this adoption could be really really hard.   Things from health issues to attachment to problems with our other kids.  And boy, can that get you down.  So, this afternoon when I found this video it made me smile from EAR to EAR!  These two seven year old boys came home from China four months ago and this video is of them about 6 weeks after they came home.  So sweet.  So happy.  Can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the Joy of Abundance!! Perspective...Such a fun thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so sweet. I loved it. It made me so happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it! Why can't I feel that way about Walmart?;) This reaction is better than my kids' at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete