Friday, March 9, 2012

Little momma, Pearl.

This week while sitting in the Denver airport some one sent me some updated photos of Pearl.  I don't know why but some times it hits me harder than other times.  When I saw these I couldn't help but get all weepy.  I'm sure people around me felt a little awkward but I didn't care.  Here they are along with some others we got our hands on last week from her orphanage's website(I know, since when do orphanages have websites?)

Lollipops in her pj's.

Some of these images are from an adoptive mom named Emily.  She sent her son this cake and the people at the orphanage sent back these photos of him eating it.  He's the doll in the crown.  These were taken just over a month ago.  Pearl is in green.







Anyone seeing a trend for her?  In her information it said she liked to help with the babies and was proactively changing diapers.  A lot of the images we see of her she is hanging out with the little ones.  In a quote from them it says:
[She] knows things and wear cloth by herself. She helps nanny for cleaning, taking care younger brothers and sisters, changing diapers proactively everyday for them. During break time, she was taught simple words and children rhymes by care givers. She was smart and learn fast. Sometimes she learn and turn around to teach another child Guo ZHi Wei who plays with her. Now, two of them play words games, ex. little Yi Lin ask Guo Zhi Wei to guess a word. If right, she will give a kiss, very lovely.
The translation is a little rough but I love seeing her little motherly personality come through in the images we find of her.
Hanging with the babies.

Peter doesn't like this image - he finds it alarming that his sister looks sad in it. When ever he sees it he says, "Pearl is sad! We have to go get her! She is sad cuz she wants us to come bring her home!"  Breaks my heart every time.

Karaoke anyone!?


All bundled up!

Last, I love this one.  Pearl is in red on the left.   I love how lovingly she looks to the girl working with her and how happily the girl looks back.  I am so grateful for those women who work at such unglamorous a job to love and care for these children.  I hope some day to let them know how much.



4 comments:

  1. Does she have any idea that there are people looking at her adoringly in photos? Does she know about you guys or do they wait until everything is set in stone before they tell her about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adhis, she has no idea and really, I don't think she could even comprehend it either. We will probably send her a gift when our friends travel there next month but I'm not sure I should. You know how you don't tell your kids about stuff way in advance because they just can't comprehend the passage of time? I am torn whether or not I should send her something because I don't know how it affects them emotionally. But around late summer or early fall I will have no problem sending something and if we haven't picked her up by her birthday in October I will for sure be sending her a cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I thought the deal was that you couldn't use her chinese name though?

    ReplyDelete