Monday, March 4, 2013

Adopted by more than just us.

Chelsea at my brother's wedding in 2010.
Today is my sister Chelsea's birthday and I wanted to not only give her a shout out I wanted to talk about why she has been such an important part of this journey.  Chelsea was the first person I emailed the pictures of the girls to after I saw them - actually it was usually a joint email to both she and Mike.  Chelsea loved the girls as quickly as we did and has been our greatest supporter all the way along.  While adoption might not be part of her family's journey - she played such a vital role in making sure these little girls made it home to their family.  The adoption process can require a lot of a person - sometimes an amazing amount - and having the support of friends and loved ones is priceless.  She was there for me when I was burdened, afraid, stressed to the max, excited, overjoyed, grateful, and more.  She cried with me, rejoiced, stood up for me, and cheered us on.  I truly cannot imagine having walked that road without her.   Adoption requires the hard work and faith of more than one person -  a whole community of people come together to make the miracle of a forever family happen.  We are blessed to have such good family and friends.

Sisters like mine are a true gift.  I am so grateful that she's here and that she is such a good woman.  The girl's are getting one amazing aunt.

1 comment: