Thursday, February 14, 2013

The day has arrived.

Today has arrived.  In a few hours we board our plane to China!   A day I have dreamed about for a long time.  I truly feel as though I have seen the Red Sea part and crossed over on dry land.  I am excited, bewildered, nervous, terrified, grateful, and exhausted - already.  In three days I will kneel down and look into Pearl's eyes and say, "I would like to be your mommy."  Four days after that I will do the same for Esther.  And then we will have two weeks in China to tour and sign paperwork and do other official stuff.  And then we will return.  The girls will see their room that I've been obsessing over for the last year.  They will meet their brothers and see America.  And we will be so much more exhausted.  I promise that I will post on here as much as possible.  I know that the faith and prayers and support of friends played such a huge part of parting that Red Sea.  You are all on this journey with us and I promise not to forget that.

Here's to the last year and a half... and to the rest of our lives!

7 comments:

  1. i'm so very happy and excited for you guys!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's FINALLY happening...Esther (& Pearl) will have a family of her own! Thanks so much for allowing me to be a part of her (& your) journey. She sure did touch my heart last year when we read her files! I would have loved to pursue her adoption but it wasn't the right time. Now is her time with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear every detail! What a joyous experience this will be! I wish you were in a documentary so we could get amazing footage of all of it;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo excited for your famiy! This is such a special time for you and your girls, write down as much as you can! We can't wait to follow along. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you on this amazing journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to hear about your journey!

    ReplyDelete