Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ponyo, Ponyo, Ponyo


I love ALL of the films of Hayao Miyazaki but I have a very special place in my heart for the movie Ponyo.  After it was released in the U.S. and my kids had watched it my now seven year old son started asking about "his sister".  He would mope around the house sighing and saying, "I wish I had a sister." or to the cat, "I guess you'll just have to be my sister."  And I know it sounds silly but the film made something stir in all of us.  The story is of a little princess who lives in the sea but wants to be human(just like "The Little Mermaid").  Unlike the little mermaid it isn't to become a wife but instead a sister and daughter.  I really do think the film awakened a memory of sorts inside of Andrew - bringing back to him the sister he knew he had somewhere.   And the more he talked about it - in the car, around the house, all of the time - the more my heart ached to find her too.  But I really had no idea of the blessings that finding her and her sister would bring.  I truly can not wait to bring them home.

With that being said - here's the trailer:


1 comment:

  1. Hey there...I found your blog searching through the Kaifeng Kids Yahoo Group. We are adopting 3 year Levi from Kaifend SWI...love reading a bit of your story here. We're (very inconsistently) over at www.outonalimbadoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete