Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thanks to you, she sees us!!!

Last month we heard through the grapevine that somebody named Juley was going to pick up their little one from Pearl's orphanage and that they were willing to bring Pearl anything we wanted to send.  Last May when Jessica and Carson went the orphanage asked for pictures to show Pearl and since we knew they were open to it we jumped at the chance.  We sent a locket with our photos in it, a picture book with pictures of our whole family including grandparents, our animals, and our home.  We also included a Disney Fairy doll who had an Asian look to her ;}.  Juley said she would get photos, videos, and tell Pearl anything we wanted but we had no idea how lovingly she would do that for us.

Over the past few weeks I have played the moment she would see us in those photos for the first time over and over again in my mind.  I wasn't sure how she would react.  I thought she might be confused, quiet, a little scared, hopefully a little interested too.  I thought the images would look a lot like this first one:



But you cannot imagine my overwhelming joy and surprise when he next reaction to seeing our family picture was this:


There are so many things to say about these two images.  First, the woman she is with obviously loves her and seems even a little emotional about it.  And Pearl obviously loves her.  And look at the others cheering for her - they all want the best for her.  They want her to be happy with a family.  And then the next thing you might notice is the sweet children who are not seeing their families.  They're curious but it's a little sad too.  What dear children.  And I cannot wait to embrace those woman and thank them for loving these children as their own.  I will praise their names for ever more as I'm sure the angels of heaven do.

The images go on and on and all of them are so sweet that I wanted to share them all so I made a slideshow for the rest.  I also wanted to share them because we are only able to bring this sweet girl and her sister home because of your continuing help.  We are so grateful for the strong hands and loving hearts who have supported us and our girls in being united again as a family.  And though it is hard to need help, words cannot express my gratitude. Seems we're in this thing together.  :} 

Here are the pictures:

5 comments:

  1. so sweet! i love how joyfilled her face was on andrew's picture. isn't he the one that knew about her first? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. She is so beautiful, and clearly so thrilled to come home to you when she can!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This just had me in tears. Do you have any idea of when you'll be traveling for your precious girls?

    ReplyDelete