Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oh hey there, creepster.

This beautiful girl is a new Gap model and I LOVE her.

So, I am a slight creepster.  I have to admit that when I'm out and I see a little Asian girl - I stare.  For a long time.  And I might even reach my hand out a little hoping to touch her hair as she walks by.  I might even watch grown Asian women too.  Because suddenly one of my children will be a grown Asian woman someday.  And I just wonder what she might look/move/be like.  And perhaps also because she'll be looking at those women too - noticing that they look more like her than her mother does.

And last weekend I chaperoned a youth dance for church and there was a foreign exchange student from Taiwan there and I have to admit that I stole as many glances as possible - even tearing up at one point while watching her dance.  I'm a serious creepster, aren't I?

I can't wait to get her home. :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how connected your heart is to hers already!! Such a sweet example of "Look forward in faith with Great Anticipation"!!

    ReplyDelete