Sunday, January 8, 2012

To An Unknown Friend.

Friday evening someone left a hot chocolate canister full of change on our porch with the attached note, "For Pearl".  It was really touching.  Being the recipient of so much charity has been humbling.  It has increased my desire to give to others - to give what ever I have that some one might need.

It was especially touching when the next morning after my boys had seen it, my oldest offered the prayer over our breakfast meal and asked the Lord to bless the kind people who were helping us bring Pearl home.   What a gift they have given this mother - not only in helping me with the adoption but also to show my sons the true way of Christian discipleship.

As we sorted and counted the coins and the boys excitedly asked the amount we had gotten to I knew that they're lives will never be the same - neither will mine.  So thank you unknown friend, for the money and the lives changed.

Here's a beautiful little video about service and orphans in the Dominican Republic.   I can't wait to be in a position to serve like this some day...

2 comments:

  1. Makes me cry....for joy, for your family and the giver. I can't wait to serve like this either. It's truly my biggest dream (besides having a happy family).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Megan! So happy for you all! :)

    ReplyDelete